Restricted products to import
All products in Mercado Libre must comply with the laws and regulations of each country, as well as with our internal policies. In this order of ideas, you should not list these products since they won’t be able to be delivered.
It’s important to consider that products retained in Customs won’t be returned to origin since an export process is needed. Also, make sure your listings comply with the regulations of each country to avoid listing moderation or account suspension.
Keep in mind these restrictions apply when shipping with Mercado Envios Direct to Consumers. This list is illustrative and not exhaustive.
Restricted products in all countries
- Animals (including domestic animals)
- Precious metals and stones
- Used products
- Antiques and works of art
- Jewelry and watches
- Airsoft and compressed air, replicas, parts, pieces, accessories, and ammunition
- Medications of any kind
- Products that require refrigeration
- Products with some type of damage or spill
- Pointy items without primary packaging
- Aerosols or any flammable, toxic, or corrosive material
- Products with an expiration date
Restricted products by category and country
Keep in mind...
Sellers are responsible for the legality and legitimacy of the items they offer. They must comply with all relevant regulatory obligations and have the records, authorizations, permits and/or authorizations required by the applicable regulations for the sale of the goods and services offered. Mercado Libre does not assume any responsibility regarding products or services that violate the policies or any law or judicial resolution in force.